Here are some signs of gum disease. If you experience any of these signs of gum disease you should contact your dentist.
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss your teeth
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Gums that have receded or shrunken away from your teeth
- Pus between you teeth when you press your gums with your finger
- Pain when chewing
- Calculus or tartar buildup
- Teeth that seem loose or that change position
- Changes in your bite
- Bad breath or a chronic bad taste in your mouth
- Teeth that are overly sensitive to hot and cold.
If you have any or some of these symptoms of gum disease, please contact your dentist as soon as possible.
Posted in: Facts on Gum Disease